Zipped files are compressed, saving space. This makes downloading files from
the Internet faster and allows software distributors to put more files on
distribution media, such as a CD. Most zipped files end with the .zip extension.
Windows XP has a standard utility for unzipping files.
- Double-click the zipped file.
- In the window that opens, click Extract all files.
The Extraction Wizard opens.
- Click Next.
- In the Select a Destination panel, select the location where you want
the folder to be placed, for example, the Desktop. Click Next.
- In the Extraction Complete panel, select Show extracted files.
Check Finish. The unzipped files appear in a new window.
- Double click the .exe file to install the update.