Import Bird Lists The Import Bird List option is
for importing a general text file list that you have created in other programs outside
the Roberts' Multimedia. See Import V2 Lists to import
all or selected lists from version 2.1 of the Roberts' Multimedia Birds of Southern
Import Bird List
This wizard will import a bird list that has been saved as a text file. All word-processors,
spreadsheets and databases can "save as" text files (eg. birdlist.txt). The
list may use either a bird number, name, or both to identify each bird. The bird
list should contain columns of these numbers and names, with one bird per line.
The list may also have columns of data (fields) such as place, date, notes etc.
The columns should be separated by a comma, tab or pipe( | ). For example; bird
no, bird name, place, date, notes.
The wizard has six steps;
Example: Step 4 - Data Fields
- Step 1. Import File. Select the file to import
from and the column separators.
- Step 2. Import Destination. Choose or create
a blank list to import into.
- Step 3. Reference Fields. Match your bird numbers
and names to the program's.
- Step 4. Data Fields. Match your data fields to
- Step 5. Bird Import Confirmation. Confirm identification
of the birds in your list.
- Step 6. Date Confirmation. Confirm interpretation
of the dates in your list.
This step is where you match the Data Fields
you are importing.